The Department of Agriculture Crop Production and Rural Environment, of the University of Thsessaly issue the call for admission of postgraduate students for the Postgraduate Program «SUSTAINABLE CROP PRODUCTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT» for the academic year 2015 -2016.The course lasts 2 (two) semesters (Full Time Attendance) or 4 (four) semesters (Part Time Attendance) in the sectors:
- Plant Breeding and Plant Biotechnology with emphasis into the Production of Propagating Material and the Food Quality.
- Crop Production and Environment.
- Plant Medicine and Environment.
- Agricultural Engineering and Management of Natural Resources.
- Environmental Management.
Graduates of Geotechnical, Polytechnic and Environmental Departments as well as Graduates of Departments of Sciences and Economics of Universities are entitled to apply with the restriction that their Diploma grade is higher than 6,00. There is no requirement for these candidates of entrance examinations.In addition graduates of relevant departments of Technical Educational Institutes are accepted, under the condition that their Diploma grade is higher than 6,50 and following successful examination of 8 basic courses , which will be chosen from a list of 12 courses for each sector.
The final decision regarding the successful applicants will be made by the relevant Recruitment Committee of Postgraduate Studies of the Department of Agriculture Crop Production and Rural Environment of the University of Thessaly, based on the conditions of article 16, ( law 2327/95) and article 4 (law 3685/2008). The final choice of the candidates will take place based on the total number of points that each candidate will gather after the personal interview. Due to good knowledge of the English language is a requirement, the candidates that don’t have certified proficient knowledge in English will be examined in written.
The tuition fees for the Full Time Postgraduate Program amounts to 1000,00 Euros for the first semester and 1000,00 Euros for the second (total 2000,00 Euros). For Part Time Attendance tuition fees amounts to 1000,00 Euros for the first year and 1000,00 Euros for the second (total 2000,00 Euros).
Those who are interested should submit the following:
- Application to the secretary of the Department( provided by the Secretary )
- Copy of the Identity Card
- Copy of the Diploma
- Certification of Equivalence for those of having Diplomas of other countries.
- Certificate of grades in details.
- Certificate of their Proficient Knowledge of the English language (Level C2). The candidates that don’t have certified proficient knowledge of the English language will take written exams.
- Curriculum Vitae including evidence of professional and research activity relevant to the postgraduate sector as proved by relevant working contracts and the published work in approved scientific magazines or seminars.
- Two recommendation letters that will be sent directly to the Secretary of the Department or will be submitted by the candidates themselves in a sealed envelope.
Information about supporting submission to:
Tel: 24210 93006, 24210 93112, FAX: 24210 93112.
Address: Fytoko St. N Ionia, GR 384 46, Magnesia.
Applications will be accepted from the June 1st to September 9th 2016.
Interviews and examinations in English will take place in September 2016.
of the Department of Agriculture Crop Production and Rural Environment
Nikolaos Danalatos, Professor